Who are the Sea Dragons
SDS is a 501c(3) non profit association. Our purpose is a community service based swimming program. We provide:
- USA Swimming Chartered Age Group Competitive Swimming
- Swim lessons and water safety training
- Masters swimming
The Sea Dragons programs focuses on three key areas:
- being a winning and inclusive competitive swim program
- contributing to the community and our host schools as a trusted partner
- being a diligent steward of our member's financial contributions.
- Every athlete deserves equal attention-we try very hard to avoid the mistake of focusing just on our "stars".
- We celebrate success and hard work! Above all, have fun!
- We are a "volunteer" driven club. We depend on volunteers for coaches, officials, board members, and the many other roles necessary to operate a successful swim team. Volunteering is a requirement for membership
- We are good guests. We respect the facilities, keep them clean, control our children, and pick it up (even if you didn't drop it)
Our Commitment to You
Every athlete is important to the Sea Dragons and will receive the individual attention and instructions needed to achieve their best.
Dues paid to the Sea Dragons go 100% to further the program. Board members and management are volunteers, pay the same dues as everyone else, and receive no compensation.
All our coaches are certified lifeguards, and certified USA Swimming coaches. This means they have had extensive training in swimming and lifeguarding; and have passed the background checks and certification tests to become professional swim coaches.